Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Apple, Bologna and Cheese! I love a good bologna and cheese sandwich. I also love apples with cheese. So the other day, I put them together.
- 4 slices white bread, fresher the better
- 2 slices bologna, blue ribbon
- 2 slices processed cheese (Or your favourite kind)
- 1 medium apple (Your favourite variety)
- Core and slice apple. I leave the peels on for the chew factor but you may peel them if you prefer.
- On two of the slices of bread, lay the bologna.
- Divide the apple slices in half and lay them as flat as possible on the slices of bologna.
- Top the apple slices with a piece of cheese each.
- And finally, finish it off with the remaining slices of bread.
- So when you are done, the sandwich will be (from the bottom up)bread, bologna, apple slice, cheese and then bread.
- Note: You might want to butter your bread if that is how you normally prepare a sandwich. A condiment could be added as well. Maybe some mustard or some BBQ sauce. For those adventurous folks, try a little bit of jam.
YUM! i used whole wheat bread and turkey bologna with 2% cheese and it was DELISH! thanks for the idea, i think i will have it agian for dinner!
Tasted pretty good. Next time I will try it with cheddar cheese. Thanks Saturn for a new way to make a bologna sandwich. Bullwinkle.
I made this sandwich on sourdough and I split it with my sister. We could not believe how delicious this was! Thank you for posting!