A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. A delicious skirt steak infused with a-1 sauce butter on a delicious bed of spinach topped with avocado sauce and served with your favorite side of mash. each bite must include sauce steak and spinach to get the ideal taste of this dish. enjoy!!!
- 16 ounces skirt steaks
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh cut cilantro
- 5 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 2 avocados, roughly cut
- 1 fresh tomato, roughly cut
- 1 lime, juice of
- Score meat (make shalow diagnal cuts in one direction then the other direction) on both sides of the steak. season your steak with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- take 8 tbsp of softened unsalted butter, add 4 tbsp of a-1 original sauce and chopped cilantro and mash with a fork until incorporated. smear the a-1 infused butter on both sides of the steak and set aside,.
- heat your stove top cast iron grill to medium-high heat. brush your grilltop with oil just to lightly coat.
- while your grill is coming up to heat, place a skillet on stove add 1/4 cup of olive oil bring up to heat add your sliced garlic, salt and pepper and saute until garlic is lightly browned (approximately 5 minutes) stir in 1 tbsp of a-1 sauce then add fresh spinach and saute til wilted.
- in a food processor add your roughly cut avocado, tomatoe, lime juice, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper. turn to your grill and place your steak on hot grill and leave undisturbed for approximately 3-5 minutes, turn back to your food processor place cover on and blend until smooth (approximately 2 minutes).
- at this point it is time to turn your steak and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes for rare (if you like your steak a little more done you can cook additional time according to preference). after the 5 minutes you can place your steak on a cutting board lightly tented with foil to rest for additional 5 minutes.
- cut your steak into 4 equal parts (4 oz per serving). place a bed of spinach on each plate lay each steak on spinach then top each steak with avocado sauce and serve with your favorite side of mash.
- dig in and enjoy.