Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is an excellent busy day recipe. We like it served as Chili-Mac, with some cooked macaroni and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese on top.
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, with juice cut up
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili without beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans or 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can dark red kidney beans or 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, with juice
- 15 ounces spicy chili beans, with juice
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- In 3-1/2 to 4 qt crock pot, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours.
- For hotter chili flavor, 2 ts chili powder can be added.
Super easy and filling - but I think it needs more zip -- next time I will add more chili powder (3-4 tsp) and maybe some garlic and onion to the mix.