Recipe by PaulaG
I haven't made this yet. This is one of those I found at another web site. It sounds so easy and yummy. I decided to post it because it was cluttering up my kitchen counter and I thought it had a better chance of being made if it were posted.
Top Review by the Great K
This was a super fast and yummy treat. I don't like super sweet foods, and this was perfect. I made it with frozen loganberries, which gave it a tangy zip. Our dinner guest raved and my little sister loved the hot pink color!
- 20 ounces unsweetened frozen peaches or 20 ounces frozen strawberries or 20 ounces frozen blueberries
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Allow the frozen fruit to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Place the knife blade in food processor, add fruit and process until fruit resembles finely shaved ice, stopping to scrape down sides of container with rubber spatula.
- With the processor running, add yogurt, sugar, lemon juice and almond extract; process until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- May need to occasionally scrape down side of container.