Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A healthy cereal dish crammed with nutritional riches.
- 1 tablespoon wheat berries
- 1 tablespoon whole millet
- 1 tablespoon whole oats
- 1 tablespoon whole rye meal
- 1 tablespoon whole barley
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon wheat or 1 tablespoon oat bran
- 2 tablespoons raisins or 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- milk or cream, to serve
- honey (optional)
- Put the whole wheat grains and the millet, oats, rye, and barley in a clean coffee grinder or food processor and process until coarsely ground. Put them in a flameproof casserole, pour in the water, and let them soak overnight.
- In the morning, preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Bring the mixture in the casserole to a boil, add the wheatgerm and bran, as well as the raisins.
- Transfer the casserole to the oven and bake for 30 minutes. The texture should be thick, but not sticky. If it is too thick, add a little more hot water. Serve the Kruska with hot or cold milk, or cream, and a little honey, if desired.
- This makes a great breakfast for toddlers and the rest of their family members too!