Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is the greatest lemonade I ever had and lemonade is my favorite drink! You actually get an entire gallon of lemonade out of 4 large lemons. It is a little more work than traditional lemonade recipes, but TOTALLY worth it! A gallon does not last 24 hours in our house!
Top Review by Kiss*My*Tiara
I'm so sorry...I found the same problem too. I would love to try this using maybe 6 lemons. I too like the boiling water concept and the idea of homemade lemonade is wonderful. Maybe in the summer I'll try this using 6 lemons and a little less sugar maybe. Lemons are just too expensive right now.
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice lemons and place in a large bowl.
- Add sugar and pour boiling water over all.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved, squashing lemon slices with back of spoon as you stir.
- Let sit until cool enough to handle.
- By hand, squeeze lemon slices and discard.
- Stir mixture to make sure well combined and all sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into a gallon container and fill with cold water (you can strain first if you like to get rid of the seeds).
- Serve over ice and ENJOY!