Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got the recipe from an old Kraft cookbook. My kids grow up with it, and they still devour the pasta every time I make it.
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in narrow strips
- 2 cups kraft 4 cheese italian shredded cheese
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- Cook pasta.
- Add zucchini during last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Drain and then return to saucepan.
- Add half the cheese to pasta; mix.
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, parsley and basil.
- Stir into pasta mixture.
- Garnish with remaining cheese.
- Serve immediately.
"Summer" pasta is a perfect name for this as it tasted so garden fresh!! Instead of boiling the squash with the pasta, I sauteed it in a little olive oil. Also added a bit of cracked black pepper. Served with some homemade garlic bread, very satisfying. I do think would cut back on some of the cheese next time, but that's just preference. Thanks for the great recipe :)