Recipe by Erin K. Brown
A vegetarian recipe that my mom got from a friend named Debbie Shannon years ago. She called it 3 cheese lasagna, but I have counted and there are definitely 4. One of my favorites because it is so easy, no pre-cooking the noodles! Mushrooms and zucchini can be layered in for a bit more nutrition too. (Or ground beef, if you are not interested in keeping it vegetarian.)
- 1 (16 ounce) box lasagna noodles
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 lbs mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, ricotta, and 1/4 cup parmesan. Set aside.
- Put a small amount of sauce in the bottom of a 14"x9"x2" pan.
- Put a layer of uncooked noodles.
- Spoon some of the cheese mixture over the noodles and spread it evenly.
- Add a layer of grated mozzarella.
- Layer sauce on top.
- Repeat steps 4-7 until you reach the top of the pan.
- After the last layer of sauce, cover with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake covered with foil for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes before serving.