Recipe by Polar Bear
This is one recipe even kids will love, because it doesnt have the bitter tasting white or red wine. Cherry wine is optional. When eaten, the tongue is so soft it virtually crumbles in your mouth. TESTED AND PROVEN NO FAIL FAMILY RECIPE. We have served this thousands of times.
- 1 ox tongue (2 kilos)
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppercorn
- 2 laurel leaves
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cherry wine (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup olive
- 1 red bell pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub tongue with salt to remove slime.
- Soak in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Peel outer whitish skin.
- Rinse in running water.
- Slice tongue diagonally into small pieces and put into pressure cooker with soy sauce, vinegar, cherry wine, brown sugar, onion, peppercorn, laurel leaves, and garlic.
- Pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- Then remove ox tongue.
- Fry ox tongue in oil till reddish brown.
- Add marinade and simmer for 15 minutes with tomato sauce.