Recipe by 2Bleu
This is a wonderful brunch item that tastes like a french toast/bread pudding/custard combination. I love it when someone says "Honey, please bring me some Honey Pudding, Honey, Puddin Pie?"
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although only for the 2 of us, this was one of those times I just knew I had to make the "whole dang thing!" The only change I made was to use a nutty, whole grain bread instead of the white, & the wildflower honey that I used was wonderful! Thanks for posting such a nice recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 slices white bread, torn into 1inch squares
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 inch glass pie dish.
- Whisk together the milk and eggs, then add the bread pieces and turn to coat them evenly. Leave the bread to soak for 15 minutes, turning over once or twice.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining butter over medium heat. Fry the soaked bread in the butter until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the bread to the baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the honey and the hot water and stir until the mixture is evenly blended. Stir in the cinnamon and vanilla. Drizzle the mixture over and around the bread. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.