Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
Cheesy mac and cheese
- 48 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 8 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, 2 sticks
- 2 cups colby cheese, shredded
- 2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups medium cheddar, shredded
- 2 lbs mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 16 ounces light sour cream
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Prepare Mueller's elbows as directed on box and drain.
- Divide in 2 large 1/2 pans.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- Blend in flour, salt, dry mustard and pepper.
- Stir in milk.
- Stirring constantly, cook until smooth.
- Reduce heat.
- Reserve 2 cups of cheese.
- Stir in remaining cheeses until melted.
- Add half to each dish of elbows.
- Sprinkle each with 1 cup of reserved cheese.
- Cover both with foil and refrigerate for next day baking.
- Sprinkle each with 1/2 cup bread crumbs.
- Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven 25 minutes or until lightly browned.