Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve with fresh green beans or a salad. This is a whole meal in 30 minutes or less. It has a creamy sauce that is very tasty. My family really enjoys it. Looks fancy enough for company too! I got the recipe from the Campbells Kitchen website. I leave out the butter, and I think it still tastes great without it!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped italian plum tomato
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 lb uncooked pasta (Bow ties are pretty)
- Heat oil in skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned and almost done. Meanwhile, boil water and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Mix together soup, water, tomato, parsley,and basil. Pour over chicken and heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in butter just before serving.
- Serve chicken and sauce over pasta.