Recipe by robd16
These are great, really simple, really easy and of course, really tasty! The taste of the pure partly toasted coconut comes through really well and I always make a double batch. WARNING: If you don't like coconut, make something else!
Top Review by abbizzyfb
These were very quick to make and are a delicious quick treat and gluten free to boot! Win-win. I was going to give it 4 stars, but added the extra star to counter the person who rated a two ingredient recipe with one star when THEY WERE OUT OF ONE INGREDIENT. It only had TWO ingredients to start with.
- 100-150 g unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk (regular sized can NOT evaporated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour around 3/4 of the can of condensed milk into a large bowl.
- Preheat the grill or broiler to medium.
- Add 100g of the coconut to the bowl and mix well.
- You want the mixture to form a relatively dry but moist enough dough so that when you shape the mixture in your hands only a minimal amount of milk leaks out.
- Add more coconut or condensed milk accordingly until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Shape into balls or pyramids and grill or broil for a few minutes watching carefully as these can burn from 1 minute to the next. Do not take your eyes off them!
- When they are lightly patched with golden brown they are ready.
- Nothing beats the taste of freshly toasted coconut. Yum Yum!