Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Name of the recipe is Delicate White Cake... but it is more like a very light YELLOW cake .... very airy .. great cake with fresh fruit
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 egg whites
- Temp 350 degrees Time 30-35 minutes.
- Cream the butter and add the sugar until well blended.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add them to the butter and sugar alternately with the milk.
- Add the flavoring.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold them into the cake batter.
- bake in 2 9-inch greased layer pans at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- put fresh sliced strawberries in between layers and take the rest and chop up. mix in bow with 1 tsp of sugar a tsp of water and a tbsp of strawberry Jam.