Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was handed to me by a friend, and is a 15th century treasure. I have experimented with various other cheeses and come to the conclusion you really can't make any substitutions on this one or it doesn't taste right. Also this is exremely filling. A little of this goes a long long way.
- 6 eggs, hard boiled (yolks mashed and whites minced)
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups gruyere cheese, cut into very small pieces
- Blend together the egg yolks.
- Mix in all other ingredients except egg whites and cheese.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until thick.
- Add the egg whites and cheese.
- Cook and stir until the cheese is completely melted.