Recipe by Sharon123
Creamy and delicious! The cashews make the sauce so creamy and the meals comes together so quick! Another one from Pinterest with credit going to Half Baked.
Top Review by Kittehchef
This was very good! I left out the oregano (personal preference) and added more garlic. It was REALLY thick, so I had to work on the consistency. The end result was a really delicious dinner that the whole family enjoyed. Thank you!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups roasted cashews
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, slightly drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, divided
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb dried pappardelle pasta (or other long cut pasta-I like whole wheat or whole grain)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In the bowl of a food processor add the cashews and process 1 - 2 minutes or until the cashews start to become powdery. Add the garlic and process another minute. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes and pulse until the sauce is a thick paste and red in color. Add the basil and pulse until finely chopped and combined.
- Drop the pasta in the boiling water and boil according to package directions. Just before draining the pasta use a heat safe glass measuring cup and scoop out 1 1/2 cups of boiling pasta water. Drain the pasta.
- With the food processor running slowly stream in the hot boiling pasta water until the paste becomes a sauce. Be careful not to add too much water all at once so you don't end up with a thinner sauce than you want. I used all 1 1/2 cups of water, but if you like a thick or thinner sauce use more or less. Add in the parmesan cheese if using and pulse a few times to combine.
- Divide the pasta among 4-6 plates and top with a generous amounts of sauce. Slice the remaining grape tomatoes in half and sprinkle over the pasta. Garnish each plate with fresh basil and parmesan cheese if desired. Dig in!