1/4 Photos of 100% Whole Wheat Graham Crackers or Pie Crust
I couldn't find the perfect 100% whole wheat graham recipe so I made one. These are highly popular with kids and come together very quickly. You can replace a little of the flour with milled flax, wheat germ, oat bran, or whatever you like. And you can make chocolate grahams by adding 1/3 cup cocoa. Crunch them up to make graham crumbs, which are useful for a lot of things. ALSO, this recipe makes an AMAZING pie crust. Please NOTE: The instructions below are specific about rolling these out very thin, and baking until crisp. If you end up with anything but crisp crackers, they weren't rolled thin enough, and/or they weren't baked long enough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Melt butter in microwave or on stovetop.
- 3Mix together dry ingredients (first 6 ingredients).
- 4Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until the dough forms a ball. Add a little water if needed.
- 5Line two jelly roll pans with parchment paper or Silpat.
- 6Put half the dough on each pan and gently flatten out with a rolling pin, covering the pan (Depending on the size of your pan, you may not completely cover it. Just roll them out to desired thickness. These don't puff up much, so what you roll out is very nearly what you end up with.).
- 7Gently score the crackers into rectangles with a pizza or pasta cutter.
- 8Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and just beginning to brown.
- 9Let cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 100% Whole Wheat Graham Crackers or Pie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (9 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 33.4
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.0 mg
- Sodium 49.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: