Chef #Tbyrd2211's Note:
This enticing black-as-night barbecue sauce with a mysterious hot sweet zing makes chicken, beef and pork beg for more. Changes to the basic recipe quickly give it a Southern or Asian kick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown meat of choice till caramellized areas appear.
- 2Remove meat from pan and deglaze with beer, scraping up browned bits.
- 3Stir in hot sauce and thick soy sauce (which looks like molasses and tastes like heaven). Water may be added if sauce appears too thick. A small taste will tell you whether the hot/sweet balance is right for you. Once this cooks down it will be thicker and hotter.
- 4Pour over meat. Place roasting pan in 350 degree oven till meat is done and sauce is thick and luscious.
- 5CAUTION! This sauce could be too extreme for children!
- 7Add fresh ginger and 5 Spice powder for an Asian kick, especially good on spare ribs and chicken wings.
- 8Add honey and lemon juice for a sweeter, brighter taste. Great on pork loin or pork chops.
- 9Add ketchup, mustard, worchesterchire for a more traditional tomato based barbecue sauce. Good on anything.
- 10Add caramellized onions and/or roasted garlic for a textural and flavor boost. Really nice for boneless chicken breasts.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 1-2-3! Extreme Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 36.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3497.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g