Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This enticing black-as-night barbecue sauce with a mysterious hot sweet zing makes chicken, beef and pork beg for more. Changes to the basic recipe quickly give it a Southern or Asian kick.
- 118.29 ml beer
- 177.44 ml thick soy sauce (such as ABC Sweet Soy Sauce)
- 59.14 ml red hot pepper sauce (more or less to taste)
- Brown meat of choice till caramellized areas appear.
- Remove meat from pan and deglaze with beer, scraping up browned bits.
- Stir in hot sauce and thick soy sauce (which looks like molasses and tastes like heaven). Water may be added if sauce appears too thick. A small taste will tell you whether the hot/sweet balance is right for you. Once this cooks down it will be thicker and hotter.
- Pour over meat. Place roasting pan in 350 degree oven till meat is done and sauce is thick and luscious.
- CAUTION! This sauce could be too extreme for children!
- Add fresh ginger and 5 Spice powder for an Asian kick, especially good on spare ribs and chicken wings.
- Add honey and lemon juice for a sweeter, brighter taste. Great on pork loin or pork chops.
- Add ketchup, mustard, worchesterchire for a more traditional tomato based barbecue sauce. Good on anything.
- Add caramellized onions and/or roasted garlic for a textural and flavor boost. Really nice for boneless chicken breasts.