Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Simple fruit smoothie I made up for my daughter who won't eat much fruit or veggie.
Make and share this 1+1+1+1=2 Smoothie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup orange juice (I used Minute Maid)
- 1 cup sugar-free non-fat vanilla yogurt (I used Dannon light and fit)
- 1 cup leftover drained canned fruit (I had both some canned mango and canned papaya leftover)
- 1 ice cube
- *Our blender/smoothie machine has markings by ounce on the side of the glass.
- Set blender pitcher in stand.
- Pour in orangeade to 8 oz mark.
- Spoon in enough yogurt to rise to 16 oz mark.
- Spoon in fruit to rise to 24 oz mark.
- Put lid on blender.
- Put blender switch on low.
- Push button for puree and run for about 30 seconds.
- Turn off blender.
- Add 1 ice cube.
- Switch blender switch to high. Push smoothie button/icy drink button and blend til frothy.
- Pour into 2 glasses. Fill blender with water. Whirl on quick clean and pour out what remains and then put blender jar and lid in sink to soak with soapy water.
- This is a relatively thin, frothy smoothie, but good for my daughter who can't seem to eat much when she first gets up. It is easy for her to measure out and gets a couple servings of fruit and a dairy into her without totally blowing calories and it is easy for her to clean up after herself. Plus she can deliver the second glass to me or Dad which definitely starts our day with a smile.