Zucchini-Pineapple Wheat Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease two 9x5" loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine first 8 ingredients (flour through nutmeg); make a well in the center of the mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, oil, applesauce, and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in zucchini, pecans, and pineapple.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans. Bake for 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
Join The Conversation
This is a sweet bread that reminds me a bit of banana bread. I was surprised I didn't really taste the pineapple, even though I could see it in the bread! This is quick and easy to make and very moist. I halved the recipe for one loaf with no problem. Made for your win in Football Tag game! Contratulations!!
Fantastic Zucchini bread!!! I made this exactly as written, although made one loaf and 12 muffins. I froze the loaf and 10 of the muffins as I plan to eat the muffins for a quick breakfast with a smear of cream cheese and use the loaf for a future brunch with company. This has the perfect sweetness for me and love the moistness of the muffins/bread and I definitely can taste the pineapple, so good!! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for your football pool win, congrats again!!!
Very similar to Recipe #81825 but missing the raisins. I was happy to see that whole wheat flour was used but really wanted to lessen the sugar. I left it as it reads and it didn't come out too sweet at all. The glass loaf pan took close to 45min and the non-stick pan only about 35min...and actually may have gotten a little too done. Don't really taste the pineapple in it at all. Used chopped walnuts which make it seem heartier to me. Nice loaves overall. Made for Spring PAC 2009.
Followed your easy-to-follow recipe right on down, using homemade applesauce & toasted almonds! The combo of pineapple & zucchini made for A VERY TASTY, MOIST BREAD! Also loved the combo of whole wheat & all-purpose flour ~ Very, very nice! A great keeper of a recipe, too! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a PRESSIE in the Aus/NZ 12 Days of Christmas Recipe Swap]