Yummy, Cheesy & Bacon Stuffed Breakfast Biscuits
- Ready In:
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup onion (finely diced)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 refrigerated biscuits (1 pkg.)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- pull out pack of biscuits & open, to let warm (so its easier to roll out) slice bacon into 1/2 bites.
- Cook bacon 2 minute in medium skillet over medium heat.
- turn heat down to med-low; add butter, onion, & a pinch of salt and pepper to pan until translucent (about 5 min).
- Preheat oven according to directions on biscuit pkg.
- scramble 2 eggs, add pinch of salt to eggs, and add to pan cook until just under, the way you'd like to eat your eggs, pull off heat and set aside.
- Roll out your 8 biscuits until about 4 1/2 inches round and hold like a taco shell in your hand while you stuff it with a spoon full of egg stuffing, add a sprinkle of cheese fold/pinch the biscuit closed (can use a fork to press against edges if thats easier) and place on a baking sheet atleast 2 inches apart from the other biscuits.
- I bake for about 13-14 mintues but watch closely, as everyones ovens are different, just until tops of biscuits are browning. pull them out and let sit for a few minutes!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used Grands jumbo biscuits thinking they would be easier to fill than the smaller ones. I left the circle on the board & used the fold over & crimp with a fork method. There really wasn't enough filling for all 8 biscuits, but again I used the jumbo biscuits. There are lots of options for fillings so I see myself making them again. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2010.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Im getting ready to Go to Le courdon bleu in seattle to start my cooking career - so Ill be sure to keep posting recipes ive learned as well as recipes I come up with on my own - I personally am a Vegan (no dairy or meat for me!) But i Do cook for those who want to purchase meat. Being a vegan is certainly not something i protest - just feel better about myself and like knowing exatly what is gonig into my lil body!! (So thanks For all your vegan recipes everyone!) Please rate and comment so I can see what kind of feed back I get with my meals! hope you enjoy! Stick around, many more recipes to come!