Yellow Squash Zucchini Tomato Casserole
- Ready In:
- 4 cups yellow squash, sliced (2 lbs)
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced (1 lbs)
- 1 onion, rough chopped
- 4 -5 tomatoes, peeled and chopped with juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (or rice flour)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (or Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease a shallow 2 1/2 quart dish and set aside.
- Combine squash, zucchini, onion and bring to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes or until vegies are tender. Drain well and set aside.
- Combine tomatoes, flour, sugar, salt, garlic, paprika, and pepper. Saute until tomatoe liquid is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Gently combine beaten egg, mozzerella and cheddar cheese with squash, zucchini, and onion mixture. Then add the tomato reduction. Be gentle so vegies are not torn into mush. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!