Yellow Squash Cornbread Stuffing Casserole
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups sliced yellow squash (1/4-in thick)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil.
- Add squash and onion; reduce heat, cover and cook until squash is crisp-tender, about 6 minutes.
- Drain well; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, garlic, stuffing and the contents of the seasoning packet, chilies, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Fold in squash mixture.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese and return to oven for a few minutes more to melt cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!