Yellow Romano Bean Stew Romanian
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Romanian food for foreigners blog; a side dish.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced finely
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 lb romano beans, yellow, inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- Saute onion in olive oil; cook until light brown,10 minutes.
- Add paprika; stir; add salt and pepper; stir.
- Add tomato paste (Recipe says to add tomato paste at end but it won't cook enough for me.).
- Add beans; cook a minute; add water.
- Simmer until beans are soft crisp; he says 1 hour but that may be too long. You may need to add water but don't add too much as the water must all be evaporated at end.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION