Yellow Rice With Frijoles and Salchicha
photo by POSTRES DE LA CIPOTA
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can pre-seasoned black beans
- 1 stick cooked sausage, My family loves Kielbasa Polish sausage
- 1 cup parboiled rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ounce Anjou pear, goya seasoning con sazafran (sassafras in English)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (add more if desired)
- 2 -4 cups water (add as needed to cook until rice is tender)
- Add oil to saute pan and heat on medium-low heat.
- Chop onions and tomatoes.
- Add onions and tomatoes to the hot oil, cook until vegetables become watery.
- Add the rice to the vegetables and heat rice for about 1 minute to toast it - toasting rice is a secret that keeps it from getting soggy when it cooks in water.
- Once rice is toasted, add your water and seasoning.
- After about 10-12 minutes of the rice cooking, add your beans and pre-cooked sausage.
- Continue to cook everything until rice is tender and no longer hard.
- Once rice is close to desired tenderness and most of water dissolved, turn off heat and let things continue to cook in pot.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
- Down below are a few pictures of my cooking process: And to view my other rice recipes, please see the following: Arroz Curtido, Spanish Rice, Arroz Con Leche.
- See my post for pictures of the cooking process, link below.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Comida Tipica de El Salvador. Typical food from El Salvador.