Ww Brisket With Rich Tomato Gravy
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 50mins
2 slices brisket with 2/3 cup sauce
- 3 lbs center cut beef brisket
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, halved and sliced lengthwise through root end
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or tsp dried)
- 4 portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) carton chopped tomatoes
- 1 Preheat oven to 300.
- 2 Sprinkle brisket all over with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add brisket and cook until well browned, about 8minutes per a side. Transfer to plate.
- 3 Add onion, garlic, and rosemarry to pot. Reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, untill onion is softened, about 10 minute Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until well softened, about 6min. Add wine and bring to a boil. Add brisket: spoon vegetable mixture over top to cover.
- 4 Cover pot and transfer to oven. Bake until brisket is fork tender, about 2 1/2 hours.
- 5 Transfer brisket with tongs to a large cutting board. Skim fat from sauce. Cook sauce over med-high heat until slightly thickened, about 10 minute.
- Freezer - Cut brisket across grain into 16 slices. Transfer to large freezer container. Pour sauce over top, submerging brisket as much as possible. Let cool room temperature, then chill until cold, about 2hrs. Cover and freeze up to 1month. To serve, let thaw overnight in fridge. Trasfer brisket and sauce to dutch oven. Cook over med-low heat until heated through, 30 minute.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>im a horrible cook</p>