World's Greatest Sandwich ---From the Movie Spanglish
- Ready In:
- 3 -4 slices bacon
- 2 slices monterey jack cheese
- 2 slices toasted rustic country bread (pain de campagne)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 2 leaves butter lettuce (yes, its called butter lettuce)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1. Cook the bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels
- 2. Place slices of cheese on one side of toasted bread. Place in toaster oven or under broiler to melt.
- 3. Spread mayo on other slice of bread top with bacon, sliced tomato, and lettuce
- 4. On non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Fry egg, turning over briefly when the bottom is set (keep yolk runny)
- 5. Slide finished egg on top of lettuce, top with other slice of bread (cheese-side down genius)
- 6. Place sandwich on plate and slice in half, letting yolk run down sandwich.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!