World Famous Rendezvous Dry BBQ Ribs
From Nick Vergos of Charlie Vergos Rendezvous restaurant, Memphis, Tenn. Dry BBQ ribs don't use sauce but are served as grilled meat sprinkled with dry rub. You can still keep some sauce around if you change your mind (sauced dry ribs are good too!).
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 4 cups white distilled vinegar
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue dry rub seasonings (from Rendezvous, recipe within my other recipes)
- 4 lbs pork back ribs (approximately 2 slabs)
- Whisk together the vinegar, water and dry seasoning to make a basting sauce (seasoning rub posted in my other recipes).
- Set grill rack to 18 inches above the coals.
- Placing ribs curls/bones pointing down, cook ribs over direct heat at about 325F to 350F until the underside is golden (about 30 minutes), basting several times while cooking.
- Flip the ribs, and continue cooking, and basting, until golden brown (about another 30 minutes).
- Meat is done when it is so hot it burns your fingers to touch.
- Do a final baste, sprinkle with some more seasoning, and serve.