I've used this recipe since 1980 - definitely the best waffle recipe there is. To get them to the table faster, I always bake in conventional waffle iron at the same time as in a pancake maker - both variants are equally successful and popular.
- Ready In:
- 500 ml flour
- 10 -15 ml baking powder
- 5 ml salt
- 12 1⁄2 ml sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 430 ml milk
- 80 ml salad oil or 80 ml melted butter
- Sift together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Beat egg white until stiff, but not dry. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and creamy.
- Beat in milk slowly, then the oil or butter and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients, beating all the time.
- Gradually fold in the egg whites.
- Heat waffle iron and spray lightly with cooking spray. pour in batter and cook until golden brown and done. Serve with honey or maple syrup, and ice-cream, whipped cream or creme fraiche.