Wilted Curly Endive
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is from TOH. Mmmmm... I love my greens! I have some homemade cider vinegar to use for this one. Escarole, kale or other dark greens would work as well.
- Ready In:
- 12 slices bacon, strips diced
- 3 bunches curly endive lettuce
- 4 quarts water
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 -3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook bacon until crisp; remove witha slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons of the drippins. Cut or tear endive from center stalk. Discard the stalks.
- In a large saucepan, bring water and 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt to a boil. Add endive; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain.
- Stir in bacon, reserved drippings, vinegar, onion, pepper and remaining salt. Mix well and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION