Wicklewood’s Gluten Free Glamorgan Sausages
- Ready In:
- 3 ounces gluten free bread, crumbs
- 6 ounces gluten free bread, crumbs
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 6 ounces Mature cheddar cheese or 6 ounces gruyere
- zest of half a lemon
- squeeze lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons English mustard powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl combine the leek, shallot, garlic, herbs, cheese, seasoning and zest and juice of the lemon with the 6oz of breadcrumbs.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and milk together with the mustard powder.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon of egg mixture and add the rest to the cheese and leek mixture, mix to a stiff paste.
- Roll out 8-10 sausages, dip in the reserved egg mixture and roll in the remaining 3 oz. of breadcrumbs.
- Lightly brush the sausages with sunflower oil and grill under a medium heat for approximately 15 mins turning regularly until crisp and golden.
- Serve warm with chutney or relish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img title=...and src=http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3818/dscf2137t.jpg alt=width=491 height=640 /></p> <p><span><span><strong>...and so the wench,the maid and the village idiot lived happily ever after.</strong></span></span></p> <p>I have always loved my food (not just my own but anyone's who offered it to me),,, then five years ago I was diagnosed with ceoliacs disease and all notion of ever having my favorite foods again went out the window. However, nessesity really is the mother of invention; instead of feeling sorry for myself and my dietry limitations,,,I got creative. I am in the process of starting my own business, which initially was exclusively targeted at ceoliacs, but thanks to my new husband and his diabetes, we hope to create food that is not only gluten free and sugar free or low carb, but will also cater for those amongst us with a whatever attitude to healthy food...Yes I do have one left at home,,bring on the empty nest.</p> <p><span><span><strong>The other man in my life</strong></span></span></p> <p><img title=The src=http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/5314/file4226.jpg alt=width=320 height=213 /></p>