Whole Wheat Pound Cake
- Ready In:
2 mini loaves
- 1⁄2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix sugar, honey, butter, eggs, yogurt and vanilla in bowl.
- Stir to mix ingredients well.
- Add flour and baking powder alternately with milk.
- If adding fresh fruit or carob chips or chocolate chips, or whatever, add now.
- Mix well.
- Spoon batter into greased mini loaf pans or one larger one.
- Bake for approximately 50 -70 minutes (I don't remember the exact time it took).
- Check with toothpick for doneness; they will get golden brown on top.
- Cool for 20 minutes to eat warm or cool to room temp then place in fridge, covered.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
i am a stay at home mother, formerly a kindergarten teacher. one of my favorite cookbooks is "home cooking" by laurie colwin. i love to cook but other than my 3 yr old daughter and myself, i really dont have anyone to cook for. my daughter eats lots of broccoli and fresh garlic dishes and loves to help me in the kitchen preparing the food that she and i eat. i try to follow a strict organic lifestyle as best i can for my daughter and i.