Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
photo by wood stove stoker
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare muffin tin. This makes 6 large or 12 small muffins. (Greased, muffin papers, or lined with parchment paper.).
- Wash and drain the blueberries. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the whole wheat flour and gently mix to make sure each berry is coated with flour. Set aside.
- Sift together remaining flour (1 cup), baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Mix oats into dry ingredients.
- Cream the butter and sugar. Mix in egg.
- Add the milk and dry ingredients to the sugar mixture. Stir just to combine. Do not over mix.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tin. Fill nearly full.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes. (Test center with toothpick. Toothpick should come out clean.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook on my wood stove. I even chop my own wood. I live in the mountains with a wonderful man, 2 daughters, 1 step daughter, and 1 step son. One daughter has moved away to college---the others are teenagers at home. We have a lot of fun. We also live with 2 dogs, several cats, and a parrot. <br /> <br />When I'm not cooking or chopping wood I work full time as an architect. I love my career, but cooking is my real creative outlet. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b158/bella_donata/My%20Art/Recipezaar/ScrapBook.png border=0 alt=Made /></p>