White Chocolate Sunflower Cookies
photo by MarieRynr
- Ready In:
- 2 cups unsalted sunflower seeds
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, cut into 1 oz pieces
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- Toast the sunflower seeds on a baking sheet with sides for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool to room temperature.
- In a sifter combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Sift onto a large piece of wax paper and set aside until needed.
- Heat 1 inch of water in the bottom half of a double boiler over medium heat. with the heat on, place the white chocolate in the top half of the double boiler. Use a rubber spatula to stir the chocolate until completely smooth and melted, about 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside until needed.
- Beat together the butter, sugar and honey with an electric mixer for 4 minutes. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue to beat for 4 more minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and beat for another minute.
- Add the melted chocolate and beat for another minute.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture, followed by the sunflower seeds. Mix thoroughly.
- Using a heaping tablespoon of dough for each cookie, portion 9 cookies, evenly spaced , onto each of 4 nonstick baking sheets. Place the baking sheets on the top and center racks of the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes, rotating the sheets from top to center about halfway through the baking time.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and cool to room temperature on the baking sheets, about 30 minutes. Store the cooled cookies in a tightly sealed plastic container until ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a very "eye candy" recipe. I served these after dinner with a mocha flavored coffee and its a good thine that I only served 12 of them (made five dozen) and the rest went to the freezer, because the guys had FOUR apiece! You know that these are going to stay in my cookbook. I did make some small changes, I cut the sugar to 1/4 cup sugar and the rest was Splenda, I also Used one large egg and two egg whites. I don't think they could have been any better then they were withot the changes!