- Ready In:
- 1 lb greek feta
- 1⁄2 cup thick plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (or more to taste)
- black pepper
- 2 -4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup purchased roasted red pepper, drained and chopped (optional)
- Place crumbled feta in a processor bowl and pulse together with the yogurt until smooth.
- Add in olive oil and black pepper (starting with 1/2 cup) and continue working the mixture until it becomes very soft and spreadable (adding more olive oil to taste if desired).
- Transfer to a bowl and add/mix in the chopped roasted red peppers.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Just before serving add/mix in some fresh lemon juice to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A very versatile recipe that, as Kitten points out in her description, lends itself to a variety of adaptations. I used peppers, a tiny clove of crushed garlic and a sprinkle of oregano in mine. Sun-dried tomatoes and chopped (pitted) kalamata olives would also make good add-ins. Can't go wrong with this recipe - great dip/spread.