Weight Watchers Core Mexican Rice
photo by Southern Lady
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup brown rice, NOT INSTANT
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup bell peppers or 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- Heat oil. Add rice and cook until golden and toasted. Add and lightly saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Put salt, 1/2 cup of tomatoes (undrained) and broth in a blender. Process till smooth.
- Add liquid from blender to the rice mixture slowly. You can drain the rest of the tomatoes and add them to the rice at this point if you want extra tomato.
- Bring to a boil, cover, turn heat to low, and simmer until rice is tender, about 1 hour. (Or however long brown rice needs to simmer - my package says 1 hour.)
- Don't remove the lid during the cooking process.
- If you don't have fresh garlic, you can add 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder to the blender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 1 more reviews