Weight Watchers Cheesy Broccoli-Pasta Bake (6 Points)
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb whole wheat penne or 3/4 lb whole wheat ziti
- 8 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 2⁄3 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook 5 minutes. Add the broccoli and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta and broccoli are tender, 3-4 minutes. Drain; return the broccoli and pasta to the pot.
- While the pasta and broccoli are cooking, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the flour and mustard; cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the milk and salt. Increase the heat and cook, whisking constantly, until the sauce boils and thickens, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and broccoli. Stir to combine. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and sprinkle evenly with the cheese. Bake until bubbling,about 25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am finally learning how to cook thanks to recipezaar! I haven't really made up any of my own recipes yet, but I have made a lot of the ones posted on here. Asian food is my favorite thing to make, and I also enjoy making desserts (especially cheesecake). I am amazed by how easy it has been for me to learn how to cook. I always used to think cooking was so hard and time-consuming, but I learned that once you have all the ingredients and proper equipment on hand it's not very difficult. I used to only cook stuff in the microwave or in the crockpot, but since I joined recipezaar I have been working my way up to more and more challenging recipes.