Watermelon Feta Salad
A quick, easy and healthy salad that is perfect for BBQ's and picnics. If you cannot buy lemon scented olive oil try this quick alternative. Combine finely grated rind of 1 lemon and 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil in a screw top jar. Secure lid and shake well.
- Ready In:
- spray and cook oil
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 seedless watermelon (small)
- 100 g feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup lemon scented extra virgin olive oil
- freshly cracked pepper (optional)
- Place oil and pumpkin seeds in a cold frypan. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until toasted. Season to taste with sea salt.
- Place in small bowl and set aside to cool.
- Slice watermelon into 1cm thick wedges and arrange on a serving plate.
- Crumble feta over watermelon and drizzle with lemon scented olive oil *SEE NOTE ABOVE*.
- Sprinkle with freshly cracked pepper if required. Serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I had to change the recipe a little because I forgot I ate all the pumpkin seeds, so I used pistachio nuts instead. I also used extra virgin olive oil with a squeeze of fresh lemon. I served this for guest just as a snack and everyone enjoyed it on this humid day. I can't eat watermelon because it doesn't digest properly but I did sample the recipe and it was yummy and my guest all said it was very refreshing. Thank you darang61 for another great recipe