Warm Moroccan Style Salad
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 500 g frozen peas carrots and cauliflower
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 300 g chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mild moroccan mixed spice
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup natural yoghurt or 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok, preferably non-stick; add the garlic and onion and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Stir in the frozen vegetables, eggplant, chick peas and Moroccan spice mix and stir-fry for 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine the yoghurt, mint, honey and cumin.
- Toss the spinach leaves through vegetables, spoon onto a serving plate and drizzle with the dressing.
- Serve immediately.
- Notes: Moroccan spice mix is available in the herb and spice section at the super market.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My daughter made this for the family--delicious. We didn't use eggplant, but added edamame. We loved the dressing on it. She served it with left over Hoisin Chicken Balls by The Flying Chef with Morroccan Spice Cookies by melbalou. It was a perfect dinner with Moroccan green tea with mint. We also had to use garam masala for the mixed spice.
Outstanding salad! The veggie combination was delicious and colorful! They were cooked just enough to be a bit tender but still have some crunch. I used garam masala for the spice mix. In addition to the mint, I put a little cilantro in the dressing. I'll make this again for sure. Thanx for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
July 2008 update: VERY happy to be back on Zaar after about a two year absence due to having had no internet connection at home, and having been too unwell for a time so that getting re-connected wasn't even a priority! <br> <br>And really looking forward to getting back into the Zaar world and connecting again with the many wonderful people I knew before, and new people, of course!