Amen for Ramen Asian Style Salad
This is a super quick fix, vegetarian, healthy meal. Can add cooked chicken if desired. Can use soy mayo for vegan.
- Ready In:
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (your choice of flavors)
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 4 scallions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 -3 carrots (shredded or julienned)
- snow peas, julienned (optional)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (I use reduced fat)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sambal oelek (or more to suit your taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
- cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Bring water to boil. Add HALF of seasoning packet (to reduce sodium). Boil noodles for only two minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile for dressing, combine mayo, sambal olek, and lemon juice.
- In a medium to large sized bowl toss cabbage, carrots, scallions, snow peas (if using). Add cooled noodles (cool, room temp or slightly warmer fine too). Toss with dressing.
- To serve, top with peanuts and cilantro. Season to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Nice start....I added some more "this and that" as I thought it needed a little something "more". My additions were 1 1/2 t. unseasoned rice vinegar, several drops of sesame oil, splash of low sodium soy sauce and about 1-2 T toasted sesame seeds (didn't have peanuts). Garnished with fresh chopped cilantro. Very tasty side dish! Thanks for the post.Reply
see 5 more