Warm Broccoli Salad With Sherry Vinaigrette
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Gourmet | June 2004
- Ready In:
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, heads cut into 2-inch-long florets (about 1 inch wide)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 slices rye bread or 3 slices firm white bread, crusts removed and bread cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Cover egg with cold water by 1 inch in a 1- to 2-quart heavy saucepan and bring to a rolling boil, partially covered. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, 30 seconds. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 15 minutes. Transfer egg with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice and cold water and let stand 5 minutes.
- While egg is cooking, steam broccoli in a steamer set over boiling water, covered, until just tender, 2 to 4 minutes, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Cook garlic in oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until golden, 1 to 2 minutes, then discard garlic, reserving oil.
- Add bread to oil and cook, turning, until golden. Transfer croutons with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain, reserving oil.
- Peel egg and force through a medium-mesh sieve using back of a spoon, then add to broccoli.
- Add 3 tablespoons hot oil to vinegar mixture, whisking until emulsified, then add to broccoli along with croutons and toss to combine.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note