- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons juice, from 1 to 2 lemons
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, minced
- Combine lemon juice and water in small bowl or measuring cup and set aside.
- Process walnuts in food processor until they have a sandy texture.
- Process chickpeas, garlic, salt, cumin, and cayenne in food processor until almost fully ground, about 15 seconds.
- Scrape down bowl with rubber spatula.
- With machine running, add lemon juice-water mixture in steady stream through feed tube.
- Scrape down bowl and continue to process for 1 minute. With machine running, add oil in steady stream through feed tube.
- Continue to process until hummus is smooth and creamy, about 15 seconds, scraping down bowl as needed.
- Transfer hummus to serving bowl, sprinkle with parsely, cover with plastic wrap, and let stand until flavors meld, at least 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!