Walnut Carrots With Honey Glaze
Toasted walnuts and carrots are tossed with a savory honey glaze to make a tasty and easy side.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups fresh carrots, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- Steam carrots until tender about 15 minutes.
- In a small skillet, heat butter and saute walnuts until lightly browned about 3 - 5 minutes. Add honey, seasonings and lemon juice if using. Stir well then add steamed carrots tossing gently to coat.
- Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Used fresh, organic lovely carrots from our CSA box to prepare this simple yet tasty side dish. I skipped the lemon juice and instead garnished with lemon wedges. Local lavender honey was the icing on the cake! Great veggie side for French Canadian beef boulettes and Objiway-style wild rice! Prepared for CQ 2015.