Wake-Up Seafood Breakfast For Two
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 plum tomato, diced (roma)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms (canned will do in a pinch)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (use the whole pepper if you like hot stuff)
- 1⁄4 lb cooked shelled shrimp, preferably large ones (defrost, if frozen)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh cilantro or 1 teaspoon parsley (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F; spray an eight-inch cake pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter and add tomato, mushrooms, green onion, garlic and jalapeno pepper to skillet.
- Saute until mushrooms are tender, then add this mixture to the beaten eggs; combine.
- Stir in shrimp, fresh herbs and grated cheese.
- Scrape this mixture into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We have just finished a wonderful Sunday brunch! This recipe is so easy the instructions are clear and the finished product is super. I used a whole jalapeno and next time will use 2 cloves of garlic However the recipe is just fine the way it is. I used large shrimp, as suggested in the recipe, Iand served it with hot buttered biscuits and a few slices of left over browned potatoes Thanks and good luck in the contest
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been sharing recipes here at Recipezaar since October 2001. You won't see me around anymore, although if you're an old-school Zaarite you'll remember that in the past, you couldn't shut me up!