Virginia Barbecue Chicken
Summer Saturdays in Virginia are filled with the smell of this chicken. It is the chicken that all the churches, boy scouts and other organizations fix for fund raisers. It is one of our favorite ways to grill chicken legs or halves. It works really well to grill the chicken and then eat later cold too. Great for a picnic!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- chicken piece
- Mix all ingredients, except chicken. (I've found a hand blender helps keep it from separating as much.)
- Use a small amount to marinade about 5-10 chicken halves or 12-20 drumsticks for a couple hours or over night.
- Grill over very medium coals until pieces test done, basting often.
- It works best if you use a grilling pit and allow it to slow cook for a couple hours.