Vintage Betty Crocker Split Pea Soup
photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 45mins
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat peas and water to boiling; boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand 1 hour.
- Add ham shank, onion, celery, parsley and pepper; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours.
- Add carrots; cover and simmer until carrots are done and soup is of desired consistency, about 30 minutes.
- Remove bone; trim meat from bone and add meat to soup.
- For a thinner consistency, stir milk or water into soup.
- Season to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Jill. When I discovered Recipezaar, and that you can 'sort' recipes by 'rating' it really got my attention. I am building a collection of five star (rated by 100 or more users on this site) :) recipes. This is quite an improvement over frozen entrees from the microwave for lunch!!! I tell everyone I can about this site, so they can reap the benefits too!