Very Veggie Crumble
photo by mersaydees
- Ready In:
- Heat broiler to high.
- In large saucepot, bring 4 quarts, salted water to a boil.
- Add bean blend and red peppers, reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer vegetables to 7 cup casserole dish.
- Meanwhile, in food processor or blender, combine butter, cheese, bread crumbs, garlic powder and thyme, pulse 30 seconds or until crumbly.
- Sprinkle bread crumb topping over vegetables and broil 5 minutes or until topping is brown and cheese is bubbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm so glad I chose to make this for our Thanksgiving dinner! I used a frozen blend of carrots, broccoli and cauliflower and added the red bell pepper strips, as suggested in the recipe. I used gruyere, which was smoked and blended nicely with the Italian breadcrumbs. Because I was bringing this dish to my in-laws I had to prepare the veggies ahead of time - I undercooked and drained them well, placed them in my casserole dish and put it in the fridge. Then I prepared the topping in my Cuisinart and put it in a separate container. About a half hour before we planned to eat I put the veg's in m-i-l's oven to warm through and, once hot, I added the topping and put the dish under the broiler. It was so good that my b-i-l had seconds and both my s-i-l and m-i-l asked for the recipe. When I described it to my co-worker she wanted the recipe too. Oh, and it sure added a beautiful splash of colour to the table. ( : Thank you so much for sharing your recipe, Kitty!