- Ready In:
4 sandwich halves
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 6 slices multi-grain bread
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1⁄2 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 ounces thinly sliced cheddar cheese (4 slices)
- 1⁄2 cup alfalfa sprout
- 1⁄4 cup whole grain mustard, divided
- 1 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 ounces thinly sliced swiss cheese (4 slices)
- To assemble, divide mayonnaise among 4 slices of bread.
- Layer salad greens, avocado slices, bell pepper slices, Cheddar, and sprouts over mayonnaise on 2 of the slices of bread.
- Set aside the other mayonnaise-spread slices of bread for the sandwich tops.
- Spread mustard over remaining 2 slices of bread; place slices over sprouts, mustard side up.
- Top with tomato slices, onion slices, cucumber slices, and Swiss cheese.
- Top sandwiches with final 2 slices of bread, mayonnaise-side down.
- Cut sandwiches in half; insert toothpicks to hold together sandwich halves together.
- Can top with zucchini or cucumber or pickle slice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!