Vegetable Panini on Pumpernickel Bread With Havarti Cheese
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I'm not a vegetarian, but sometimes I crave meals with no meat. This is SO yummy! It is great for making at home or taking with you on a camping trip....just add the dressing right before cooking.
- Ready In:
- pumpernickel bread
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted, seeded, and peeled
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 ounces havarti cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1⁄2 cup white mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 garlic clove, minced finely
- 1 cup spinach leaves, cleaned and dried
- Slice the loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Hollow out the bread using your fingers to pull out the soft insides. You can keep the scrap bread to thicken soups or to use in a breakfast strata.
- Combine the dressing with the minced garlic. Drizzle over the inside of the bread.
- Layer remaining ingredients and add the top.
- Toast in a Panini Press or on a grill pan with a heavy foil covered brick or other object. Cook just long enough for outside to become crisp and cheese to melt.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION