- Ready In:
- 8 lasagna noodles (6 inches long)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 pint cottage cheese, drained in a strainer
- 1 (16 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and 1/3 cup finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped basil leaves, plus 8 leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the noodles, stirring often, until al dente.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the zucchini and cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Using a food processor, puree the drained cheese until smooth; add to the zucchini along with the chopped roasted peppers and chopped basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the food processor bowl.
- Lay the noodles flat on a work surface.
- Place an equal amount of the zucchini mixture at the end of each noodle, then roll up.
- Divide the rolls among 4 dinner plates.
- Using the food processor, puree the remaining roasted peppers with the tomato until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour over the rolls.
- Top with the sliced basil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!